Through customized, student-centered, and globally oriented tutoring, The Stimulus Effect is driven to instill enhanced academic abilities, build intellectual capital, and foster a humanitarian consciousness by leveraging learners’ individual ways of knowing and unique interests. The organization was founded by Arziki Phenyo in 2011. After serving as a private educator for both children and adults for 7 years, helping to oversee after-school programs in both New York City and Los Angeles, and earning her Masters in Educational Leadership from Columbia University’s Teachers College, she gained an insightful perspective on how students were in need of rigorous yet engaging learning environments that not only pushed them to develop fundamental skills, but also conferred a decisive edge toward a path of enriched lifelong learning.
Here is how The Stimulus Effect has led students to high achievement:
• Leading over 90% of students to earn As as final grades
• Averaging increases of over 50 points for standardized tests
• Serving students online and in-person across the country in math, reading, writing, business studies, etc.
• Leading students with intellectual disabilities and learning challenges to high performance
• Guiding returning students to earn masters and doctorate degrees across a variety of disciplines • Leveraging library of over 200 lessons plans toward student success from elementary through post-secondary levels
However, the company is only poised to extend its record of excellence. The Stimulus Effect is preparing to partner with schools and community organizations to offer customized, student-centered before- and after-school services for underperforming students.